As some of you know, I share my life with a senior-aged dog (Sir Duncan McDougle) whose body was battered when the rescue saved him 14+ years ago (six breaks in his pelvis and ruptured eardrums).
Soon after coming home, he had the ball of his right hip removed due to a deadly infection. Midway through our life together, he mysteriously woke-up paralyzed. Energy work, detoxing and patience resulted in movement about three months later. A few months after that, he was back to his version of normal.
About six years ago, he had emergency disk surgery (yes, all of this is most likely the result of being hit by a car before he was rescued from the streets).
This March, around the time of the first COVID lock-downs, he hit a wall and started feeling/showing his age. He didn't stop walking, but he was downright crabby and even got snippy...in other words, his personality changed dramatically!
Of course, we visited the vet and, after a few tests, she suggested trying CBD oil, laser treatments and chiropractic care.
Since he's a soulmate, watching him suffer wasn't an option. So, we folded those into our regimen of golden paste, a good diet and walking. Plus, I went to work on finding essential oils that could support his body’s natural abilities for dealing with stiffness, aches and pains.
Pain-Less Pup’s a staple now - crafted for D, it also works wonders when my hand is acting up (I broke it over the summer and was recently informed I have severe arthritis in the thumb).
Featuring Copaiba, Lavender, Lemongrass, Peppermint and Valor essential oils in a distilled water base, Pain-Less Pup is a powerhouse that allows Duncan to walk, play and rest again.
While it can be used as a diffuser blend, a few drops (mixed with a carrier oil as needed) can be applied to a dog’s pads or massaged (gently) onto painful areas.
REMEMBER: A dog’s sense of smell is significantly more sensitive than that of a human. If you plan on using oils with your pup, please introduce them slowly and carefully (diffuse in an open area/room first, or even place an open bottle on a counter/table for a few minutes when they are in the room).
Also, if you're mixing your own blends, please be sure to use therapeutic grade oils that are organically cultivated. There are several great brands out there, but recent years have brought slew of iffy products to the market. [I use Young Living as it was the only organically cultivated, sustainably harvested, therapeautically tested oil company around when I started using them. I trust the quality and I love that they also give-back to the communities where farms are located].
*** FYI: The FDA only requires 5% of a product labeled "Pure Essential Oil" to actually be an essential oil. The other 95% can be ANYTHING - chemicals or other toxins like petroleum. Not only are these foreign substances inherently harmful, they can be even more dangerous to our dogs due to how they process toxins and their size!
If you would like to learn more about essential oils for dogs, have questions, or would like to order some Pain-Less Pup, please email me at AlongNourishedPath@Gmail.com.
You can also stop by Ciall Wellness (in Columbiana, OH) to purchase this diffuser blend, as well as several festive offerings for the holiday season!
I'm Mary Ann. I am a storyteller using skills, interests, education and experience to help others. Together, we'll explore your story and write a new ending for your journey along the nourished path.